The Royal Cork Yacht Club is one of the World’s leading Yacht Clubs, and is in the forefront of all branches of sailing activity. It is the organiser of the biennial Cork Week, widely regarded as Europe’s premier sailing event. It is has hosted many National, European & World Championships. Its members compete at the highest level in all branches of sailing, and the club has a number of World, Olympic, Continental and national sailors among its membership.
Whether you arrive by land or sea, you must contact the Club Office, or outside normal office hours, the Club Bar, where you will be asked to produce your current, recognised, Yacht Club Membership card. You may be issued with a swipe card to enable you to access some of the Club facilities, including the Marinas, showers and car park. The Club reserves the right to refuse admission or privileges to any person.
New members are invited to apply for membership of the Royal Cork Yacht Club. A Nomination Form and full details of the various categories are available here.
- Marina berths are generally available – contact the Club before arrival to make the necessary arrangements. If arriving outside normal working hours during the season, (09.00 – 21.00 hours ) please berth in the Visitors’ berths at the western end of the Marinas, and report your arrival to the Bar. Details of berthing charges are available on the website or in the Club Office, and are payable in advance.
- The Club House has all of the usual facilities, including bars and restaurant, which are open during normal licensing hours. The restaurant provides a full range of meals , and sandwiches , snacks etc, are available on request.
- The Club Office can provide phone, fax, email, internet and mail holding facilities for a small charge. Club merchandise and postcards may be purchased.
- Showers and toilet facilities are available 24 hours a day, free of charge.
- Parking is plentiful and free of charge.
- Diesel is available on site, petrol is also available on site. Check with reception on 021 483 1023.
For a detailed look at the history of the Royal Cork Yacht Club click here.
Click here for a list of local accommodation.
Click here for a list of transport options for visitors.
Dress code is generally casual but a reasonable standard of dress is expected in the Clubhouse.
If you would like to make an enquiry, please contact the RCYC office on 021 483 1023 or email [email protected]