The Royal Cork members TY programme is aimed at getting the Secondary School TY students qualified to instruct or coach children participating in Irish Sailing dinghy sailing courses. While targetted at TY students due to their age profile, it is not restricted to TY students.
The following is a list of courses required to join the RCYC Dinghy Instructor Panel for 2023. Instructors for the Irish Sailing Summer courses and some other courses at RCYC are chosen from the RCYC Dinghy Instructor Panel.
While the Irish Sailing Dinghy Instructor(and Pre-Instructor) course is not required to coach the fleets at RCYC, it is highly recommended. All the other courses mentioned below are required to be a fleet coach at RCYC.
- Irish Sailing Dinghy Instructor. Course provided locally by Sailcork
- Irish Sailing Pre-instructor course( a prereq for the Dinghy Instructor course.) Course provided locally by Sailcork
- VHF Course – Short Range Certificate . Course provided locally by Sailcork
- Irish Sailing Powerboat level 1 & 2(Organised by RCYC & also provided locally Sailcork)
- Irish Sailing Garda Vetting Clearance(Signed by Gavin Deane or Miriam )
- Safeguarding Level 1 (Organised by RCYC , held at RCYC)
- First Aid (Irish Sailing Approved course , organised by RCYC, held at RCYC)
The above courses are Irish Sailing accreditted and the courses can be attended at any of the Irish Sailing Training centres.
RCYC works with Sailcork to offer the following range of courses either at RCYC clubhouse or Sailcork premises at East Ferry. For details on all the Courses mentioned above that are provided by Sailcork, please read the following brochure and contact Sailcork directly.
The Safeguarding Level 1 course and the First Aid courses will be organised by RCYC and provided by external training providers that are approved by Irish Sailing. It is expected that these courses will be run in Spring 2024. Further details on those courses will be published below once it becomes available.
For further information on our TY programme please contact Brendan Egan 087-2592630