This programme was piloted last year and proved very successful so it is being run again this year. The programme is aimed at getting the students qualified to be able to instruct or coach children participating in Irish Sailing sailing courses. Last year RCYC hosted an information night to inform parents about the programme, this year the information night will be via Zoom on Monday 12th October in conjunction with Sail Cork. Log in is at 1915 to start at 1930. Please contact email@example.com for login details.
For those of you who are not familiar with the programme here is a brief synopsis. There are 7 modules available to complete, 6 of which are compulsory to become qualified as an instructor.
- VHF module – practical and online module
- Power Boat module – practical module
- First Aid – Irish Sailing recognised qualification which includes dealing with Hypothermia
- Safeguarding – online module
- Essential Navigation – online module
- Pre-entry instructor – practical module
- Dinghy Instructor (DI) – practical module.
The Essential Navigation course is not compulsory, however, it is advisable to really consider this course as it will assist with the navigation knowledge required for the Dinghy Instructor course. The students last year said that this course was a huge help to them as there is a large amount of Navigation in the DI course.
The full programme and booking form are below-