This year is year three of the Royal Cork TY programme. The programme is aimed at getting the students qualified to be able to instruct or coach children participating in Irish Sailing sailing courses.
The elements of the programme are currently being finalised and we are hosting an information night for TY sailors and their parents on Thursday September 30th.
For those of you who are not familiar with the programme here is a brief synopsis. There are 7 modules available to complete, 6 of which are compulsory to become qualified as an instructor.
- VHF module – practical and online module (with certification)
- Power Boat module – practical module (with certification)
- First Aid – Irish Sailing recognised qualification (with certification)
- Safeguarding – online module (with certification)
- Essential Navigation – online module (with certification)
- Pre-entry instructor – practical module
- Dinghy Instructor (DI) – practical module.
At the information night we will outline the planned activities over the course of the programme and will be able to give dates for the various elements of the programme and the costs involved.
Please complete the sign up form if you would like to be take part in the TY 2021/2022, and an information evening taking place this Thursday September 30th.
TY Programme 2020/2021 sign up form
All information, dates and offers are subject to COVID regulations and restrictions.
An expression of interest is not confirmation of a place
This is a volunteer programme and we do the best we can within the current situation.