Top Menu

Student Yachting World Cup at La Trinite-Sur-Mer – Day One (Sun)

The wind was blowing hard from early in the morning of the first official race day. The competitors arrived at the yacht club of Trinite sur Mer around After a short meeting with the organizing committee the decision was taken: Postpone the races until 13:00hrs while waiting to see if the wind might drop.

Most of the crews took advantage of the unscheduled free time, working on their boats and going through every detail, thus preparing themselves to deal with the challenging conditions the race promised. Unfortunately time passed without any signs of improvement from the weather – on the contrary some gusts from time to time reached 35 knots!


Around 13:30hrs the committee decided as there was no sign of the wind abating they would cancel racing for the day.


Unfortunately, today is also looking unlikely that racing will take place but we will just have to wait and see.

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply