Top Menu


6.20 AM Friday, August 15th racing postponed again at Qingdao. This is disappointing and nerve wracking for the competitors  as all racing had been cancelled yesterday when the hazy day in Qingdao could not produce enough wind for racing on any of the scheduled courses.

Schedule of racing for to-day has  been revised as follows: Star Course A – 2 races. Laser Radial Course C –  3 races. Men’s 470 Course D – 2 races. Finn Course E – 3 races.  The big question to-day will be the wind direction.  The forcast maps describe the sailing conditions as having NE winds from 10-20kts but some light patches may occur depending on how much the mountains will shelter the race area. To-day, Friday, all six Irish competitors are scheduled to be in action on their various courses and we are now set to play the waiting game again.


Despite the storm clouds  remaining overhead officials are still hopeful they will get in racing to-day.

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply