Our second league series of the Keelboat racing season concluded last week. The winners were presented with their prizes last Thursday and Friday night (see list below). Our second ‘Offshore’ race took place last Sunday. The fleet numbers continue to rise which is great to see. Thank you to all the volunteer Race Officers for their time and expertise to date. We couldn’t race without you. The same thanks to our club staff.
Please note the keelboat racing calendar has been updated on the club website keelboat noticeboard.
It is great to see our 1720 sailors out in force at present as they prepare for the Cork Week 1720 Europeans (40+ 1720s entered).
We continue to develop our U25 keelboat fleet. Anybody U25 and interested in taking part please contact the office or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Adult training continues on Tuesday and Friday nights. Contact the office to book your spot. Dinghies and keelboats available.
May League Trophy Winners as follows:
- IRC WhiteSail – ‘Magnet’ – Kieran O Brien. Trophy = Camden Challenge Cup.
- ECHO WhiteSail – ‘Prince of Tides’ – Frank Caul. Trophy = First Sloop Flotilla Salver.
- IRC Spinnaker – ‘Dont Dilly Dally’ – Michael McCann. Trophy = Admiral Doyle Silver Plate.
- ECHO Spinnaker – ‘Bad Company’ – Desmond/Ivors/Keane. Trophy = Belville Cup.
- IHS Friday night WhiteSail – ‘Labous Gewn’ – Darren O Keeffe. Trophy = Sans Souci Cup.
A small selection of images: