Keelboat sailors met last weekend to plan the year ahead and mark the 2021 season with a slightly delayed prizegiving.
With a great turnout and healthy discussion, there were a number of key takeaways-
- Racing rules seminar for boat owners and owner’s reps welcomed with possible register of attendance to allow participation in racing (safety at sea and basic racing rules)
- The use of sailing professionals for club racing is allowed
- Entry for Volvo Cork Week is encouraged
- Boat starts at Grassy area preferred with use of other harbour marks as the first mark on the course
- Club Course Card to be used more
We also marked the achievements of boats and sailors from the 2021 season.
- Club Boat Of The Year – Fiona Young & Family – North Star
- National Boat Of The Year – Jones Family – Jellybaby
- International Boat Of The Year – Murphy Family – Nieulargo
- White Sail Boat Of The Year – Frank Caul & John Molloy – Prince of Tides
A number of boats from across the IHS & HIS leagues along with Thursday and Sunday leagues were also presented with their 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes.
A full gallery of prize winners is below with thanks to Bob and Mary.
The Offshore Race on 2nd May at 11:00hrs marks the big return to racing in the club.