Top Menu

ISA junior All Irelands

Urgent Notice from Irish Sailing Association

Following a meeting with the PRO and club Sailing Manager the conclusion was reluctantly reached that sailing in the ISA Junior All Irelands will not be possible tomorrow (Saturday 26th). Weather forecasts for Saturday are predicting winds of 30/40 knots, this is well in excess of the safe limit for the fleet of boats being provided by RSGYC. Met Eireann have Gale Warnings in effect for the weekend.  

Outlook for a further 24 hours until 0600 Sunday 27 November 2011: Gale or strong gale force south to southwest winds veering west to northwest overnight. Rain or showers, heavy at times.

The decision is to POSTPONE the regatta until Saturday December 3rd as the winds are predicted to moderate from the middle of the week.

A change to the Notice of Race will be made to this effect.

The ISA apologise for this disappointing news but we’ll try again next week.

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply