We are delighted to announce that George Kingston will lead our junior laser coaching programme for October and November. George has vast coaching experience at the highest level both at home and abroad in Optimists and Lasers and has represented Ireland with distinction internationally.
George will lead the team for on the water coaching before racing each Sunday. We will start the program this Sunday 3rd October and would ask that boats are rigged and ready for 10.00am. George will deal with a wide range of issues as detailed below. A full briefing will be held prior to training.
Launching will be at 11.00 sharp to enable a full session to take place before racing. It is intended that sailors will remain on the water and have a short break on the committee boat before racing (FG 1.00pm). Cost will be €15 per day or €60 for the full program of five Sundays (1 day free). George will also provide limited coaching during races and will debrief sailors when they come ashore.
- All aspects of Laser boat handling/set up/controls.
- Downwind – Sailing by the lee
- Pre-Start Plans (+ checklist in order of priority)
- Start line Strategy (Safe VS Risky)
- Big Fleet Tactics
- Playing the %’s
- Event Preparation
- How to survive a long event/fitness
- Setting different Goals
- Sailing as a Team
We would ask those taking part in the coaching to ensure that you have:
- A 7m bow line for towing
- Adequate clothing for winter conditions (remember you will be on the water for up to 4 hours).
- A pack lunch with soup etc that can be put on the starting vessel.
It is essential that you register your interest in advance by email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get resources in place. Turning up on the day may not guarantee inclusion on the course.
No comments yet.