We are pleased to announce that the Astra Construction Topper Winter Championship 2021.
The event runs from 24th to 25th July and will be attended by sailors primarily aged between 12 and 17 years.
Our number one priority of the Club during the event is the safety of our members, the sailors and coaches attending the event, Club Staff and the local community. To ensure this we have introduced a Covid-19 protocol included in the NOR, and taken a number of measures.
- Limited the number of sailors attending the event to 90 max.
- Sailors will not have access to changing rooms and the aim is to restrict their time onshore in the dinghy yard.
- Sailors will be arranged into pods of 15 or less.
- In order to restrict numbers on the site, parents are asked to drop and go
- Parents and onlookers will be restricted from the dinghy yard for the duration of the event.
- Face coverings for sailors are highly recommended ashore until called for launching and once back in their rigging pod area.
- Numbered pods will be in operation for competitors- their boat will be parked in their designated area for the duration of the regatta, and they must complete rigging and store all gear within their designated space.
In organising this event, we will utilise the guidelines for events from Irish Sailing thus we will be mindful of the potential impact on the local community, on other water users as well as the emergency services and we will help to minimise risk by taking an extra conservative approach to the event. A COVID-19 Officer has been appointed to ensure the event takes place within Government, Irish Sailing and Royal Cork public health guidelines.
Entries closed at 23:00hrs on 17th July 2021, for late entries, please contact Maurice Collins email@example.com
COVID Health Declaration – All sailors/parents/guardians to complete before taking to the water
Official Event Noticeboard – Link to WhatsApp sent by e-mail to event entrants
Saturday Evening Barbecue
The club will be hosting a barbecue on Saturday 24th of July in conjunction with the event. Given the high numbers expected, this offering will replace the recent a la carte menu available on Saturday’s and must be booked in advance here by Thursday at 11:00hrs.
Post Event Training
The RCYC Topper class will be hosting an open training clinic on the 26th & 27th July. Interested sailors are asked to contact Maurice Collins for more information and to sign up.