Despite the recent upheavals due to COVID-19, we are pleased to announce that the AIB Optimist Irish National Championships 2020 will proceed as planned in the Royal Cork Yacht Club as part of Cork300, our Tricentenary celebrations.
The event runs from 13th to 16th August and will be attended by children aged between 10 and 15 years.
Our number one priority of the Club during the event is the safety of our members, the children and coaches attending the event, Club Staff and the local community. To ensure this we have introduced a Covid-19 protocol (see below) and taken a number of measures.
- Limited the number of children attending the event to 80 in main fleet and 30 in Regatta fleet (Saturday and Sunday only for Regatta Fleet).
- Sailors will not have access to changing rooms and the aim is to restrict their time onshore
- Parents are asked to drop and go and collect on go, in order to restrict numbers on the site.
- Face coverings for sailors are highly recommended ashore until called for launching and once back in their rigging bay.
- Numbered bays will be in operation for competitors- their boat will be parked in their designated space for the duration of the regatta, and they must complete rigging and store all gear within their designated space.
- Access to the club bar & dining will be restricted to members only.
Visiting Crosshaven for the Optimist Nationals – Here are some suggestions on places to visit