The Government published the latest set of public health measures on Thursday April 29th and Irish Sailing have since published their interpretation of the measures. Thankfully, our sport is a Low Risk Activity and this means our on the water activity can now begin to return to normal. We have published the club’s latest guidelines here and the key points are as follows;
- Youth sailors are already back on the water and training in pods of 15
- The marina is open as always with all services available to members
- From Monday 10th May, training for adults can resume in pods of 15. This means crewed keelboats can sail again. Our Rear Admiral Keelboats, Daragh Connolly, has laid out a plan to return to the water next week. Other adult classes, including National 18’s, will be contacted directly by their Class Captains
- From Monday June 7th, we can race again and hold national events
- From Monday June 7th, the clubhouse and bar will reopen to serve food and/or beverages outdoors. A new dining solution has been developed, more details to follow on that in the coming weeks
The situation is improving but we are clearly not out of the woods yet and we ask everyone to continue respecting the guidelines for the safety of all.