In the laser radial class at a Europa Cup event held in Warnemunde, Germany recently, travelling as part of the ISA Academy, Royal Cork Yacht Club’s Séafra Guilfoyle won the under 17 competition with clubmate Cian Byrne closely following in second place. Cian’s achievement was all the more remarkable as he is still under 16. In an event where conditions were favourable thoughout, our two Royal Cork representatives sailed with great style and skill. In addition to their success at under 17 level they finished well up the fleet of 68 boats. Séafra finished the event in 10th overall and Cian finished 11th. Cian had a great last race finishing 3rd, his best result of the series, while Séafra’s last race was quite the opposite as he unfortunately picked up a black flag, missing out on a top five finish as a consequence. The other Academy members who did extremely well were Fionn Leyden (Baltimore SC) 3rd overall and Robbie Gilmore (Strangford Lough YC) 4th overall.
Guilfoyle and Byrne shine in Europa Cup
About officeLooking forward into the 21st century, the Royal Cork goes from strength to strength, total membership is around 1500, our facilities are unparalleled in Ireland and continue to expand, major World, European & Irish Championships are hosted in the club regularly.
About The Class Captain
Celine McGrath - Class Captain
Laser Calendar 2013
- RT @gavinroyalcork: Fishermen warned of faults with emergency beacons http://t.co/LwGv9qA6Xo 2 weeks ago retweeted via gavinroyalcork
- RT @vsail: Spectacular footage from French customs airplane of the MOD70's being hammered by 30kts of wind and big waves https://t.co/joWt2… 4 weeks ago retweeted via vsail
- RT @corkweektweet: Cork Week 2014 Notice of Race - http://t.co/2wKhSQxnR8 1 month ago retweeted via corkweektweet
- RT @corkweektweet: Cork Week 2014 announcement - http://t.co/VSW0QskZLF 1 month ago retweeted via corkweektweet
- Congratulations to David Kenefick, Afloat Sailor of the month from all at the Club - http://t.co/cNLKyoawTH” 1 month ago