Royal Cork Yacht Club
Fitness for Fun Programme for Royal Cork Sailors
- Runs from start June to End August – 12 weeks.
- Programme is open to ALL junior sailors who are club members 12yrs of age or older, irrespective of sailing ability.
- Cost, just 15 euro for the whole programme.
- Weekly group exercise sessions on Thursdays at 16:30 at City Gate Park fitness studio, Mahon. Parents are responsible for transporting sailors to and from these sessions (there is a Starbucks opposite). Classes will be 45 minutes in duration and have been timed to fit around summer sailing camps and other activities. Parents welcome to join classes depending on availability).
- There will be approximately 5 short talks around nutrition and healthy eating. These will take place on specific Saturdays (dates to be confirmed nearer the time) @ 12.30 (for 25/30 minutes), prior to dinghy league racing. We will have specialist speakers around this whole area and who are currently involved in advising other sporting disciplines.
Sailors must commit to the whole programme and attend as many of the sessions as possible.
Places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. Please don’t apply for a place if you know you are going to be away for a substantial amount of the programme.