Forty junior sailors took part in the Halloween Dinghy Clinic in the Royal Cork this week and what a colourful sight it was with Fevas, Toppers and Lasers joining in for 2 days of training and races. The weather also co-operated and the teenagers enjoyed bright blue skies and plenty of breeze under the expert tuition of Thomas Chaix, John Durcan, Conor Lyden, Dara O’Shea and visiting Topper coach from the North, Barry McCartin. Topper sailor Adam D’Arcy got a head start on his “trick or Treating” when he won a tin of roses for 1st place in the “End of Clinic” mini regatta. Well done to all and Halloween clinic will be back again next year.…
The ISA All Ireland Junior Sailing Championships are underway in Schull and a number of RCYC sailors are participating either as nominated helms or as crew. The results will be published on line by the ISA throughout the day and can be found HERE.…
The 2013 Laser Nationals wrapped up on Sunday evening after a very successful series. With 153 boats, it was the biggest fleet seen in years with many overseas entries from as far a field as Russia, New Zealand , Canada, the UK and Holland.
Despite losing racing on Thursday due to lack of wind, OOD Dave O Brien managed a great regatta with 8 races sailed. The main interest was in the 79 boat Radial fleet where Annalise Murphy, fresh back from Olympic training in Brazil was pitted against the cream of Irish and overseas talent. The silverware however went to NYCs Finn Lynch who sailed an excellent regatta to hold off Tristan Brown (UK) in 2nd and Jon Emmit …
The Laser Nationals have started – sort of. Not enough wind to complete any races yesterday.
You can receive regular updates from twitter @royalcork and we will be publishing results as soon as they are available on the Royal Cork Website here: http://www.royalcork.com/dinghy-results-2013/…
Royal Cork sailors swept the boards at the Laser Connaughts in Lough Ree last weekend with Seafra Guilfoyle and Cian Byrne taking 1st and 2nd place respectively in the radial section and Dougie Elmes finishing 2nd in the 4.7′s.
On shore temperatures were over 30 degrees on the first day of the event but it was slightly cooler out on the water with a shifty 6-8 knot breeze. Both Dougie and Seafra got bullets on the Saturday, despite stiff competition in by far the largest laser gathering this year, including Olympian Annalise Murphy.
The wind picked up to 10-12 knots on the Sunday providing 3 good races and a first each for Cian and Seafra. Solid performances also from Luke …
About The Class Captain
Celine McGrath - Class Captain
Laser Calendar 2013
- RT @gavinroyalcork: Fishermen warned of faults with emergency beacons http://t.co/LwGv9qA6Xo 2 weeks ago retweeted via gavinroyalcork
- RT @vsail: Spectacular footage from French customs airplane of the MOD70's being hammered by 30kts of wind and big waves https://t.co/joWt2… 4 weeks ago retweeted via vsail
- RT @corkweektweet: Cork Week 2014 Notice of Race - http://t.co/2wKhSQxnR8 4 weeks ago retweeted via corkweektweet
- RT @corkweektweet: Cork Week 2014 announcement - http://t.co/VSW0QskZLF 4 weeks ago retweeted via corkweektweet
- Congratulations to David Kenefick, Afloat Sailor of the month from all at the Club - http://t.co/cNLKyoawTH” 1 month ago