Over 30 junior laser sailors from across the country converged on the RCYC last week for ‘Laser Week’. The 3 day clinic featured Annalise Murphy and Prof O’Connell as lead coaches. Annalise coached from the water with the teenagers, who were all delighted when she capsized on video – it happens to the best of them!…
Details for next weekends End of Season Regatta for the Laser and 420 Classes has been published. Click here to access the Notice of Race
There is a very full program of junior sailing all this week in the club and this regatta will be the culmination of the various activities and should be a great event.
Note: to avoid a late entry fee you must send the completed entry form by Wed evening (Oct 31st)…
The Club had carnival atmosphere yesterday with 150 dinghy sailors in Optimists, 42os and 470s racing together for their respective Munster Championships.
The large fleet sailed together for the initial three races just south of Roches Point in ideal conditions with moderate SE winds. Principle Race Officer David O’Brien marshalled the fleet and ran the normal Optimist race course while also sending the 420s and 470s on their own outer trapezoid course.…
The 420 class has seen a major upsurge in interest this month – 4 brand new club pairings joined “old hands” Peter McCann/Arran Walsh and David Fogarty/Tom McGrath (both started way back last June!) for boat set-up and training in great conditions last weekend. Thomas Chaix has sent a coaches report which is published below for all.
Next weekend the newly invigorated class hosts an open training event where the local boats will be joined by teams from around the country – full details are published on the class website sail420.com. This is a new initiative and the class are hoping that the open training concept will be repeated around the country with one event every 4 to 6 …
The details of the upcoming Munster Championship for 420 and 470 Classes have now been published.
The events are being run in conjunction with the Optimist Munster Championship and a fantastic weekend of dinghy sailing is expected for all.…
About The Class Captain
Eric Geary - Organiser
- RT @gavinroyalcork: Fishermen warned of faults with emergency beacons http://t.co/LwGv9qA6Xo 3 weeks ago retweeted via gavinroyalcork
- RT @vsail: Spectacular footage from French customs airplane of the MOD70's being hammered by 30kts of wind and big waves https://t.co/joWt2… 1 month ago retweeted via vsail
- RT @corkweektweet: Cork Week 2014 Notice of Race - http://t.co/2wKhSQxnR8 1 month ago retweeted via corkweektweet
- RT @corkweektweet: Cork Week 2014 announcement - http://t.co/VSW0QskZLF 1 month ago retweeted via corkweektweet
- Congratulations to David Kenefick, Afloat Sailor of the month from all at the Club - http://t.co/cNLKyoawTH” 1 month ago