The Volvo 420 Class National Championships concluded here today with brothers Harry and David Whitaker of the Royal Cork Yacht Club taking the title in style. In a quality fleet of 32 sailors from all over the country they proved their consistency by never finishing outside the top three boats in any race. …
Follow the action live on twitter – @420_Ireland
Royal Cork Yacht Club is delighted to host this years Volvo Irish 420 Nationals on the 9th to 11th August 2013. Entrants can look forward to excellent sailing off Roches Point (weather permitting) with three races being planned on each day.…
Crosshaven sailors were at the front of all fleets in last weeks Junior National Championships held in Lough Derg YC.
The Laser Radial fleet was particularly competitive with our top sailors competing at the highest level after coming home with great results from Lake Garda. The battle for the ISAF Junior place was intense with Robbie Gilmore of Strangford Lough nipping the spot from last years silver medallist Finn Lynch (NYC).…
Last Friday a highly successful junior sailing season concluded with the Junior Laying Up and Pyewacket Trophy Award Night .
A large attendance of both sailors and parents from the Laser, Feva, 420 and Optimist classes enjoyed a marvellous evening celebrating the success of young Royal Cork sailors during the 2012 season.
Each of the dinghy classes in turn presented various prizes to their successful sailors. Fun prizes were also presented to both children and adults. Frank Thompson looked spectacular in his pink all-in-one pyjamas. Various tokens of appreciation were also awarded during the evening for good services rendered in the season.
Rear Admiral Dinghies Darren O’Keeffe congratulated all the sailors and took the opportunity to thank all who provided …
About The Class Captain
Eric Geary - Organiser
- RT @gavinroyalcork: Fishermen warned of faults with emergency beacons http://t.co/LwGv9qA6Xo 2 weeks ago retweeted via gavinroyalcork
- RT @vsail: Spectacular footage from French customs airplane of the MOD70's being hammered by 30kts of wind and big waves https://t.co/joWt2… 1 month ago retweeted via vsail
- RT @corkweektweet: Cork Week 2014 Notice of Race - http://t.co/2wKhSQxnR8 1 month ago retweeted via corkweektweet
- RT @corkweektweet: Cork Week 2014 announcement - http://t.co/VSW0QskZLF 1 month ago retweeted via corkweektweet
- Congratulations to David Kenefick, Afloat Sailor of the month from all at the Club - http://t.co/cNLKyoawTH” 1 month ago