The Events Calendar for RCYC is a very useful tool for users to keep up to date with the club. As such, every event, race or other time based happening at the club should be added to the event calendar. The calendar can take all types of content including forms, images, text, video and more and is responsive on users phones so it is very much a one stop shop for updating the website with events. You should not be creating new “Pages” for events. Instead create a new “Event”.
Adding an Event is very similar to adding a blog. We suggest you read the other tutorial we provided titled “How to Add a Post” first.
- Log in to the rcyc.ie website to access the dashboard.
- Select “Events” from the left hand menu.
- Click “Add New”
- Give your event a title (be mindful of overly long titles, there is no need)
- Add your relevant text about the event and any relevant imagery to the body area of the event post.
- Select a relevant category from the category list.
- Upload a “Featured Image”. This image must be 300 X 200 Pixels.
- Set the various options that are associated with the event. These include Start/End Dates, Location of Event, Organiser of Event etc.
- Once you are happy click “Publish” and your event will be updated in the RCYC calendar.
- All events should be added to the “Events” calendar.
- Events should include a title, a description of the event, a featured image size of 300 X 200 pixels, a category and some event based options including start times and location.
- Note: It is important to set the correct category as all events are colour coded.